As you may know, I’m a fan of Garnier® Fructis® Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream (https://www.vissastudios.com/twinker-review-garnier-fructis-sleek-shine-intensely-smooth-leave-in-conditioning-cream). I loved that product so much that I decided to try the Anti-Frizz Serum. I predominantly use oil to prevent frizz, but I desired smoothness with less “weight” and product…thus leading to my purchase of the serum, which retails between $4.00 and $6.00.
In general, a serum enables one to (1) seal hair cuticles, (2) prevent or delay the effects of humidity, (3) add sheen and sleekness, and (4) enhance manageability. Garnier® Fructis® makes identical claims:
- [For] Frizzy, Dry, Unmanageable Hair
- The formula with argan oil from Morocco and apricot soaks deep into frizzy, dry hair to smooth each strand.
- Proven to perform: Get 10x Smoother*; Stay sleek for 3 Days*; Even in 97% Humidity*
- *In a combing test and a frizz test when using Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine System of Shampoo, Conditioner, and Anti-Frizz Serum, compared to a non-conditioning shampoo.
- Directions: Dispense 1 pump of serum, or as much as needed for your hair type, into your hands. Apply uniformly to damp or dry hair. Do not rinse. For the sleekest look, style using brush and blow dryer. For best results, use the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine System.
In my opinion, no serum “soaks deep into” one’s hair. However, with the use of products and routines conducive to moisture retention and healthy hair, the serum will seal the hair shaft to prohibit dryness.
I used the serum on my hair after a thorough wash and condition. After applying a leave in, I applied the serum as needed and distributed it evenly from root to tip. I generally use oil on my scalp as well. The serum, along with my regularly used products and routine, enhanced my hair’s manageability.
Moreover, the serum works well for straightened styles. Whether it’s a bang or my entire head of hair, the serum gave me shine and sleekness; this too implies the results of proper hair care. I have yet to use the complete line of Sleek & Shine products. However, the serum did extend, to some extent, the life of my straightened hair styles and provided instant shine.
Read what others had to say at the Garnier® Fructis® website here and comment below! I’d love to read your responses!
Twinker Davis loves God, collard greens with cornbread, and her hometown Detroit. Current endeavors include writing, http://www.lovelytwinker.com, and the promotion of practical, applicable advice. Want to know more? Follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LovelyTwinker and visit twinkerdavis.blogspot.com!