Hair type 3 can often be described as a tight, springy curl pattern. Many refer as the spiral curl. This type of hair has a lot of volume, and it can hold majority of hairstyles.
Hair type 3 Characteristics
Hair type 3 can be a little challenging if you don’t what you are doing. This hair type is prone to frizz during high humidity, and may be a headache once straightening it. Hair Type 3 usually has loads of body and few detangling issues. But, dryness is an issue with this hair.
- Hair Type 3A The large, loose, shiny curls that naturally occur can identify hair type 3a. Many times the circumference of the curl is compared to the circumference of a large piece of sidewalk chalk.
- Hair Type 3B features tighter curls. This hair type will often have the appearance of corkscrews or bouncy little ringlets. The circumference of the curls is similar to the size of a small Sharpie marker.
- Hair type 3C falls somewhere in between the curliness of hair type 3 and the kinky look of hair type 4. This type of hair features tight curls that are fine in texture and may be packed together creating a high density of hair. Although it takes a lot of work, it is possible to get this hair type straight.
Top Products for Hair Type 3
- Allow the hair to dry naturally, or use a diffuser.
- Apply styling creams like MoroccanOil Hydrating Styling Cream that offer moisture and frizz control.
- Apply a little bit of pomade like John Masters Organics Hair Pomade to reduce the amount of frizz.
- Avoid the use of combs or brushes on dry hair. Comb when damp or when moisturizing.
- Use a satin cap or hair wrap while sleeping to help prevent frizzing.
- Condition the hair with a leave-in conditioner. Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner is great for Hair Type 3.
- When the hair is wet, comb with a wide tooth comb to remove tangles.
- Co-wash sometimes.