This technique has been spoken about here and there, but I personally wanted try it myself since it works best with my hair color, #27 (Strawberry Blonde).
- I made a huge basin of coffee (without the cream and sugar)
- I wait until it cooled down a bit
- I emmersed my entire head in the basin for bout 20 minutes, watching the coffee naturally darken my hair.
- I left it in there for about another 30 minutes. (I up a shower cap over it to darken it some more)
- I conditioned it, and watched some of the fade back to my original color.
- It works if you keep in for a very long time
- Its natural, with exception with the conditioner you choose to use
- You smell like coffee
- It will not completely darken your hair
- Works best with light hair
- It will wash out after the 4th wash