1. What are your top 3 hair accessories?
Scarves, that’s it…lol. I’m not a fan of flowers or things like that. I like to think of my hair as an accessory to my outfit all on its own.
2. What are your top 3 staple products that you could use for the rest of your life?
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- Eco Styler Styling Gel
- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner
3. What are your top 3 tips for combating dry hair?
- Deep Condition about once a week.
- Do hot oil treatments about once a week, the same day as your deep condition if you want.
- Use Unrefined Shea Butter with some kind of natural oil for braid and twist outs a few times a month.
4. What are you top 3 tips for growing out permed/relaxed hair?
- Protective styling!!! Get some braids or Senegalese twists, such a life saver.
- Stay away from the heat as often as possible. I didn’t straighten my hair until almost two years of transitioning. Resist the temptation to blend the textures by straightening.
- I did lots of braid and twist outs during that time, to blend the textures, worked great for me.
1. What are your top 3 moisturizers?
I’m terrified of moisturizers for my face! Haha always have been. I’ve had terrible acne since high school. I use a cream I bought from my dermatologist. It’s expensive but a little goes a long way and it works perfectly, it’s not oily and there’s no scent.
2. What are your top 3 face washes?
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Deep Clean Cream Cleanser
- Clearasil Ultra Acne + Marks Wash and Mask
- (I don’t have a third lol)
3. What are your top 3 tips for combating acne?
I’ve tried it all, my only tip is visit your dermatologist. Best decision I’ve made in regards to my face. As long as I use the cremes prescribed, my face is almost flawless.
FASHION + STYLE
1. What are your top 3 favorite articles of clothing for fall/winter?
- Combat Boots
- Denim vests
- Faux Leather jackets
2. What are your top 3 name brands?
I’m really not a big name brand person! If it looks good, I’ll wear it.
3. What are your top 3 favorite fall/winter accessories?
- Big knit scarves
- Leg warmers (worn with boots)
- Fingerless gloves
4. What are you top 3 favorite pieces of jewelry?
- Big hoop earrings
- My MK Watch
- African-inspired necklaces
Check out Ariella’s Youtube channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/msariella89?feature=results_main
La Truly is a late-blooming Aries whose writing is powered by a lifetime of anecdotal proof that awkward can transform to awesome and fear can cast its crown before courage. La seeks to encourage thought, discussion and change. Her blog: www.hersoulinc.com and Twitter: @AshleyLaTruly.