- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Carrier Oil for your hair type (see above)
- 1 tablespoon (3-4g) Emulsifying Wax
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Vitamin E (or 2 capsules)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) distilled Water or Herbal Infusion
- 5 drops Grapefruit Seed extract
- Essential Oil Blend for your hair type
Stir together the oil and emulsifying wax in the top part of a double boiler, warming slowly over a low heat until the wax is melted. Remove from heat and pour in the Vitamin E. In a separate pot on the stove or in the microwave, gently warm the water or herbal infusion just until lukewarm. Do NOT skip this step or oyur conditioner will separate later on. Slowly pour the water/herbal infusion into the oil mixture, stirring constantly with a wire whisk until the mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in the essential oils and the grapefruit seed extract. Pour the natural hair conditioner into a clean, sterilized 8oz (250ml) dark glass or PET plastic bottle and allow it to cool before putting the lid on. Shake the bottle occasionally as the conditioner cools to prevent the ingredients from separating. Store in a cool, dark place.